Since I’ve been back in Eugene, I have admittedly avoided going to shows at the Black Forest. Several years back I went to a show there and had a terrible time, I vowed never to go back. Last night Jordan Blaisdell of The Critical Shakes invited me to his show and I begrudgingly went. I will be the last to admit when I’m wrong, however the staff, the patrons, the sound were great. Last night I had a wonderful time. I guess things do change. I look forward to another awesome punk rock show there.
This was the first time I caught Black Delany and KING GHIDORA, but it was my 3rd The Critical Shakes show.
The Shakes are on the top of my list for punk bands. A band not to be missed, that’s for sure. They are a two-piece band. Davey Beebe is an incredible guitar player and with Jordan Blaisdell on drums, the two of them make some of the loudest music I’ve ever heard from a two-piece band.
- Halloween at Luckey’s Club - 2 November 2017
- …Meanwhile, Black Forest is Forced Out - 30 October 2017
- You Can’t Go Wrong at the Black Forest - 22 September 2017
- It’s Like They Had a House Show at A Bar - 20 September 2017
- A Slow Saturday Night in Shelbyville - 17 September 2017
- The Best One-Day Music Festival I’ve Ever Been To – The Whitaker Block Party - 11 August 2017
- The Triumphant Return of Ant House - 16 June 2017
- Battle of the Bands, Ugh - 9 May 2017
- Everybody Can’t Win - 4 April 2017
- A 5 Day Treefort Adventure - 29 March 2017