Since I’ve been back in Eugene, I have admittedly avoided going to shows at the Black Forest. Several years back I went to a show there and had a terrible time, I vowed never to go back. Last night Jordan Blaisdell of The Critical Shakes invited me to his show and I begrudgingly went. I will be the last to admit when I’m wrong, however the staff, the patrons, the sound were great. Last night I had a wonderful time. I guess things do change. I look forward to another awesome punk rock show there.
This was the first time I caught Black Delany and KING GHIDORA, but it was my 3rd The Critical Shakes show.
The Shakes are on the top of my list for punk bands. A band not to be missed, that’s for sure. They are a two-piece band. Davey Beebe is an incredible guitar player and with Jordan Blaisdell on drums, the two of them make some of the loudest music I’ve ever heard from a two-piece band.
- A Slow Saturday Night in Shelbyville - 17 September 2017
- The Best One-Day Music Festival I’ve Ever Been To – The Whitaker Block Party - 11 August 2017
- The Triumphant Return of Ant House - 16 June 2017
- Battle of the Bands, Ugh - 9 May 2017
- Everybody Can’t Win - 4 April 2017
- A 5 Day Treefort Adventure - 29 March 2017
- Time to Rally for Day 5 of Treefort - 27 March 2017
- I Slowed Down for Day 4 - 26 March 2017
- Rainy Day at Treefort, Day 3 - 25 March 2017
- I Went to a Play! Day 2 at Treefort - 24 March 2017